Thursday 30 June 2022

The Magical Boveda Pack

 ***I wrote this article for Roottie.com who paid me 5 cents per word.  The article has been republished without giving me proper (or any) credit.  In addition, I'm unable to find the piece online at all anymore so here it is.  A week or so after it was published, this article was seen by the VP of Marketing of the company I now work with.

It happened a few months after I became a legal Cannabis patient that I noticed these little brown packets in my orders.  They came in their own little plastic baggy that I briefly looked closely through once and then tossed aside for months.  Now, I’m over-run by Boveda packs.  If only they were currency!


So I decided to ask a few of my fellow Cannabis ingesting co-workers what they thought of those packs.  They very quickly informed me that I’d been missing out by tossing them aside.  Missing out on what?  


To be honest, when I first looked at the packet it was clearly labeled as to what they are for. But I’m pretty sure I remember muttering something to myself like, “ya suuuure … take this little packet of goo and put it in with your medicine.  AS IF.”  I’m pretty sure I heard my old friend Boots laughing at the gullibility of today’s Potheads!  He’d also say, “If you need a packet of slime to keep your stash fresh, then you’re not smoking it fast enough!”.  RIP buddy!


Yet at the urging of my wise co-workers, I began using my Boveda packs.  Thanks guys!


Boveda packs regulate the relative humidity of your Cannabis and are marketed as the global leader in two-way humidity control.  A solution of natural salts and pure water inside a reverse-osmosis membrane keeps your herbal medicine at exactly the right humidity level.  They offer a choice of 58% or 62% and I hear it’s personal preference that decides.  


Why does relative humidity matter when it comes to your Cannabis?  Microorganisms grow so quickly that within a day of keeping damp buds in a closed jar can result in mold.  Or worse, mold you can’t even see yet.  Conversely, if your bud is so dry you can’t roll it properly, then that’s a problem too.  But if you nestle a Boveda pack or two in with your precious nugs, that salt water solution will pull in moisture to keep mold at bay, and exude pure moisture to stabilize the dryest bud.


The thing about this medicine of ours is that it’s organic--well usually--and being organic makes it not only perishable if left unprotected but it’s also someone’s dinner if left out long enough.  Microorganisms are everywhere and the more ways we can keep them controlled and balanced, the better for everyone.


So, don’t let your nugs get lonely peeps … let Boveda keep them company.

No comments:

Post a Comment