Friday, 11 September 2026

Personal Thoughts on Using AI

 Written by me.


I hear a lot of people disliking and dissing chatgpt and other ai tools.

The one said, "you're talking to a soulless machine."

My response, "but I'm talking. I'm getting the thoughts that evolve into fears, out of my head.  And in turn, the soulless machine helps me cope by clarifying the thoughts and the fears too."

Others say, "you can write, why are you using that?"

My response, "yup I can but have I?  Had I started the plethora of ideas I've had since I was very young?  Nope but I have now thanks to this thing that helps me do that more quickly."

Some critique, "oh they use a lot of AI slop."

My response, "but they're getting it done and getting their messages out there.  I had my kids' book for a farking decade and a half with no cover because I didn't know how or where to do it myself.  Within an evening I was able to create images and bring these characters to life."

Socrates feared that teaching people to write and thus, write things down, would diminish our memories.

The first calculator pulled loads of criticisms.

The first computer too.

For the people who fear their kids are talking to soulless machines, ask yourself WHY they feel the need to do that.  The answer will show you the way if it's not too late to change familial behavior.  

This thing is filling a much needed void.  Tools do that.  

Creatives like myself are getting shit done ... FINALLY!!!!

And I am grateful for it. 

                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment