Sunday 23 October 2022

Today I Rest --Will Take Up the Fight Again Tomorrow

 

It's easier to be selfish, to not care about others.  They've made it so.  As I sit with the anger settled in my chest, I realize that the system is rigged to infuriate, frustrate, and finally knock those down who only want to serve/help others.

Once again, I've tried to discuss the empty subsidized units with those on platforms of influence.

I stopped into my Mayor's campaign HQ on Thursday yet have received zero calls.  He doesn't wanna talk about housing anymore.

I think the homeless is now a demographic that will always be so they wonder, 'why try to change it?'

Two weeks ago I discussed housing with one of my 6 councillor hopefuls who argued that "a home" isn't a human right but "a shelter" is.

What, we're now horses & cattle?  

Livestock deserve shelter;  humans deserve homes.

So I sit here on the precipice of diving into the abyss of selfishness.

This fight is bigger than me.

In campaigning for my chosen councillor, I told people that he was going to try to "fix" housing.  You should hear the chuckles.  Even my buddy that's home-challenged and lived here his whole 70+ years tells me that Housing has always been corrupt.

To feel better, all I have to do is NOT CARE ABOUT OTHERS.

Such is the world; such have we made it?

In the words of Holden of Catcher in the Rye, the world is full of God damned phonies.  

Mayor Paterson says he's a Christian but I think he's a phony.

The Churches say they wanna help the homeless but they're phonies.

The Pastors, the MP's, the Mayor, the councillors .... all phonies as far as I can see.

So I might set my cares aside for a day.  I might concentrate on myself and my garden, my plants, my hunbun, my future ... just for the day.

And then take up the fight again tomorrow.

Love & light to all.

We got this, but we're gonna be mighty pissed off in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment