Sunday 11 February 2024

Depression as a Disease of Inflammation & How Diet Changes Help -- My Personal Experience.

 

Today marks 7 days without sugar in my coffee.  It's a different experience for sure but one I'm begin to really enjoy.

This morning while drinking my bullet coffee cuppa, I found my taste buds seeking the sweet but in the absence, finding new flavours.

I find it fascinating where we taste things in our mouths.  The sugar buds must be up front on the tongue while the deeper flavour buds are on the back and rear sides of the tongue.

Either way, there is something happening here with my mindset, my outlook, my thinking.  

I've had depression my whole life and tried so very many things.  

There's a strong theory that depression is brain inflammation so, by eliminating the inflammatory foods, one can literally change their brain and the subsequent thinking that it does.

I was in a dark place last week and the week prior.  I mean, it's hard to live here when you know even a smidge of the truth.  But with friends and theories to keep me working for the betterment, I made it back around to be hopeful again.  

I can always tell when I'm on the good side when Ima Chatty-Cathy at the grocery store.  Yesterday I had a full on discussion with a man about meat and vegetables and their inflammatory possibilities.  As it turns out he's a Cannabis patient as well.  In discussing this amazing plant, I told him about CBD helping diabetic neuropathy.  He said his good friend has that and he's going to urge her to try CBD oil with a little bit of low THC.  I suggested she buy two bottles so she herself can control the ratio right from the beginning.    

He said I renewed his hope in the plant and its possibilities.  As we walked out of the store together, I felt so good about myself.  Being the one to constantly talk about this new-old and often misunderstood plant, I've learned that not all like to hear what you're saying.  But I'm back to unapologetically talking about it because if I can help someone --just one person, then I will not let anyone stop me.

Strive to feel that every single day.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment