Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Quantifying the Impact YOU Have On Others-- A Personal Anecdote.

Written, lived, and felt-deeply by me Dianna Donnelly aka the couch activist. 


I've recently started doing that where Hyundai is concerned.  

Growing up, there was a dealership in Smish Smalls where I test drove an Accent once and my Dad said no way.  He didn't know the brand, didn't trust the brand, and didn't think I needed a car. 

Years later, I was hired and became the local Hyundai's first official Business Manager. The owner had been doing it since he began selling. I did financing, sold insurances on said financing, rust n' dust n' fabric protections too.  This was a very lucrative role for me.

My family supported that job by buying Hyundai.  That's not to say the fam was into the brand though.  I remember my Dad and sister coming in to drive a Mazda we had on the lot but after driving the Elantra, they both realized that driving is believing (lolololol--sorry old job hats leaking through).

Now, every single member of my family drive Hyundai's.  

Every single one!  

There's even an extended family member who knew me when I worked as a business manager, who now is also a business manager at ... yes, a Hyundai dealership.

I can often think I have no effect on anyone --- down dog down!

But the evidence of my impact is clear as quartz crystal.  They would never have bought the brand if I wasn't working there and the extended fam member would never have imagined seeking a job at a car dealership had it not been for my impact on her.  

Big woop for sure.  I mean, not life shattering or life saving but evidence nonetheless.  

Thank you for reading.  Writing this has left me with a little smirk.


                                                                                        


No comments:

Post a Comment