Tuesday 6 August 2024

I Know My Worth BECAUSE I Didn't Used To

 Have you ever put yourself out to help someone else, at your own cost? 

Have you ever started to work for someone and taken less money per hour than you deserve, just to help them succeed? 

I've done this too many times and I say right now, I will not do it again. 

Before cvd I was asked to work at a new garden store.  

Being asked to work there was a compliment -- the starting (minimum) wage was not. 

It ended up that I was making less per hour to do clinic work than I was making 3 years prior IN a clinic.

All so the owners of the store could succeed. 

How many times have you done this? 

Stop giving your life away so that someone else can succeed because the payback pendulum never swings back your way.  Trust me.

Know your worth and take nothing less. 

We teach others how to treat us.  

Now years later I realize that of the five people working there, I was the only one NOT defrauding the government by working, collecting the cerb, and banking hours.

I got my friend a job there.  He knew half of what I know and now I realize how much more money he made than I BECAUSE he was offered the work, bank hours, and collect cerb scheme.

Never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment