Monday 5 August 2024

Nods To the Childless Women


Childless women --or those with grown offspring are difficult to control.  My friends with children say less, held back by fear of Children's Aid, the friend that never goes away.

Recently a certain politician mocked and belittled, shamed even, childless women who own cats.  Is it legal to own a Leopard?  Now that's a kitty kitty that would shut him up zippity quick.

Once a woman births a child, she gives up control of her life.  She gives up her right to speak openly about polarized topics and events.  Women give up the right to decide how to raise their children, how to prevent sickness, and how to treat it too.  Politicians have even boldly questioned, "what are parental rights and do they even exist?"

They've made the world such that the responsible mother needs and welcomes aid at every turn and that aid controls.  The childless woman has nothing to hold her back, hold her silent, hold her in, or hold her out.

The childless woman is the politician's worst enemy.  With age, she becomes even more fierce having lost family and older support networks.  She's fallen and learned to fall again and get up faster.  And every fall is a lesson in trusting only herself.

Skin thickened, feelings hardened, skin like dragon scales impenetrable by words or threats or frozen bank accounts by weak weak leaders.

I am a 50 year old childless woman and I can't remember the last financial benefit my government gave me.  I have no need for them now, or ever again.

And if I needed them in my past, that was only because I believed the lies that told me I did.

The childless women of the world have nothing to hold us back from helping the world understand what's happened, and helping the world to stand again.


No comments:

Post a Comment