Tuesday 10 August 2021

Let's Stop Thinking Informed Consent Is the Norm

 

28 ish years ago I was given my first antidepressant script.

This started me on a path of numerous cocktails to turn that frown upside down.  The one pill was known to help control the appetite so my pill-pushing arsewipe of a Dr told me I could up it if I wanted that effect --- but not too much or I might have a seizure.

Mmmm hmmmm because when I was hopelessly depressed, I really gave a shit about how fat or thin I was.  Know your audience bro!

I was on 4 different scripts in about 35 years & built a dependence for each very quickly.

By dependence I mean addiction where if I missed a dose, I'd literally have brain zaps, nausea, dizzyness.

Today we're being told that this thing they want us to accept is safe.

We cry INFORMED CONSENT!!!!

But I ask you, where was the informed consent 28ish years ago when I was first prescribed that dependency-building antidepressant?

It's funny how we cry about being treated badly but when you look right at it, this is status quo for capitalism in healthcare.

You do you.

I may not agree with the choices you make but I will fight to the death for your right to choose! 

#FreeWill

No comments:

Post a Comment